" Monkland, Old, par., N. Lanarkshire, on North Calder Water, 10,935 ac., pop. 37,323; contains Coatbridge; the church of Old Monkland is 1½ mile SW. of Coatbridge; coal and iron are extensively worked."
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
For all enquiries about Cemeteries in North Lanarkshire contact:-
North Lanarkshire Council
1 Southerhouse Rd,
Lanarkshire ML5 4AA
It is understood that they will normally only accept written requests for information.
For History and Information on the town of Airdrie visit http://airdrie.net. This site covers all manner of information about the town and a Message Board which has been used by several overseas visitors looking for relatives and friends.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Old Monkland to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Old Monkland has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS706650 (Lat/Lon: 55.860564, -4.068281), Old Monkland which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)