" Pettinain, par. and vil., Lanarkshire, on river Clyde - par., 3900 ac., pop. 360; vil., 3 miles S. of Carstairs Junction; P.O. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
Dates of Old Parish Registers
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pettinain to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pettinain has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS954419 (Lat/Lon: 55.65958, -3.664809), Pettinain which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)