" Roberton, a village and an ancient parish in the Upper Ward of Lanarkshire. The village, standing near the left bank of the river Clyde, 3 miles SSE of Lamington station, has a U.P. church, rebuilt in 1873. The ancient parish, lying around the village, was united to Wiston in 1772.—Ord. Sur.., sh. 23, 1865. "
From Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland, 1882-4
Dates of Old Parish Registers
m. some in birth records
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Roberton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Roberton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS944288 (Lat/Lon: 55.54108, -3.674798), Roberton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)