"Shotts, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Lanarkshire - par. (containing Harthill and Benhar, Calderhead, and part of vil. of Shotts Ironworks), 24,944 ac., pop. 11,214; vil., 2¾ miles NW. of Shotts sta., which is 16½ miles SE. of Glasgow; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Coal and ironstone abound in the par., and are largely worked. Janet Hamilton (1795-1873), the poetess, was a native."
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Shotts to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Shotts has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS854619 (Lat/Lon: 55.836357, -3.831971), Shotts which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)