" Stonehouse, town and par., Lanarkshire, on Avon Water, 7 miles SE. of Hamilton and 18 miles SE. of Glasgow by rail - par., 6241 ac., pop. 3173; town, pop. 2615; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; is largely inhabited by miners and weavers. "
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stonehouse to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stonehouse has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Stonehouse Heritage offers a fascinating insight to Stonehouse village history and a resource for family history research. It includes census, graveyard, school records, school diaries, and photographs relating to the village of Stonehouse.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS745462 (Lat/Lon: 55.693038, -3.997961), Stonehouse which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)