Covington and Thankerton, Church of Scotland
Thankerton and Covington Parish Church, Covington
St Michael's Church and parkland from near Covington Tower.
Church of Scotland,
Covington and Thankerton
A church, probably dedicated to St Michael, has existed at Covington from the time of David I (1124-53), probably on the same site as the present parish church, which is of considerable age but has been much altered.
It is located at NS9750339762 (Lat/Lon 55.640567, -3.62994). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)