Hide

Swiney village

hide
Hide

1851 - Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, Samuel Lewis

SWINEY, a village, in the parish of Latheron, county of Caithness, 6½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Dunbeath; containing 71 inhabitants. The village is situated on the eastern coast of the county, and is a small fishing-station, employing about ten boats. In the vicinity is Swiney Castle, on the shore, and now in ruins.