1851 - Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, Samuel Lewis
EALAN-NA-COOMB, an isle, in the parish of Tongue, county of Sutherland. This isle, also called Ealan na Naoiniph, or " Island of Saints ", lies off the northern coast of Sutherland, and a little eastward of the mouth of the Kyle of Tongue; it is of very small extent, and of nearly circular form. Here were formerly a chapel and burying-place, the remains of which are still visible. See Tongue.