Hide

Skianid village

hide
Hide

1851 - Topographical Dictionary of Scotland, Samuel Lewis

SKIANID, a village, in the parish of Tongue, county of Sutherland, 3½ miles (N. by W.) from Tongue church; containing 243 inhabitants. This place is situated on the western shore of the Kyle of Tongue, where the indentations form a kind of harbour protected by a small island called Rabbit Island. Southward of the village is a ferry to the opposite side of the Kyle, leading to the village of Tongue.