Newington Cemetery, Edinburgh, Cemetery
It was founded in 1846, when it was known as Newington Necropolis. It was initially a profit making concern, operated by the Metropolitan Cemetery Association.
By 1994, it was overgrown, and neglected, when it was compulsorily purchased by Edinburgh Council.
More information can be found at Friends of Newington Cemetery.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)