Kirkgate (Henderson Street), Leith, Church of Scotland
The congregation of the former Kirkgate Church, adjacent to South Leith Parish Church, moved here in 1886, ultimately leaving the site in 1973, when the parish merged with South Leith.
In 1983, the church was demolished, and replaced with new parish halls for the united South Leith parish.
The 1893 OS Map shows this church as "United Presbyterian, seats for 1500".
Dunlops "The Kirks of Edinburgh" (Scottish Records Society, Edinburgh, 1988) include a history of the church from it's beginnings in around 1740.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)