"MUSSELBURGH, a post and market town, parliamentary burgh, burgh of regality, and bathing-place, in the parish of Inveresk, county Edinburgh, Scotland, 2½ miles E.S.E. of Portobello, 4 N.E. of Dalkeith, and 5½ E. by S. of Edinburgh. It is a station on the Edinburgh, Portobello, Musselburgh, and Eskbank branch of the North British railway. It stands on the right bank and near the mouth of the river Esk, in a fertile spot, about 3 furlongs S. of the Frith of Forth, from which it is divided by the sandy downs called Musselburgh Links."
The transcription of the section for Musselburgh from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Fisherrow to another place.
Records relating to the Parish of Inveresk & the Burgh of Musselburgh - a comprehensive collection provided by John Robertson.
You can see the administrative areas in which Fisherrow has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT336729 (Lat/Lon: 55.944189, -3.064145), Fisherrow which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)