Temple Old Church, Temple, Church of Scotland
Temple Old Church,
It was founded in 13th C. It closed in 1832.
Temple, formerly called Balantrodoch, was the principal seat of the Knights Templar in Scotland. The design of the stones and the association with the Knights Templar suggest a 12th- or 13th-century date.
It was located at NT3152558725 (Lat/Lon 55.816905, -3.094321). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)