St John, Forres, Scottish Episcopal
It was founded in 1830.
The Church was designed in 1841 by Patrick Wilson but very soon afterwards remodelled by Thomas Mackenzie in the Italian style, with its rose window, three - arch loggia at ground level and its impressive four-storey Tuscan Campanile.
St John's Episcopal Church is located alongside the busy Victoria Road in Forres, which turns into High Street a short distance to the west. The church is just east of the town centre and across the road is the large Grant Park, a public park with large areas of grassland, recreational facilities and woodland. St John's was initially built in the 1830s, but only a few years later was completely altered inside and out to fashion it into an Italian-style church, apparently inspired by its first Rector who visited Florence and sketched a church there and wanted his church to match it.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)