Battlefield East, Cathcart, Church of Scotland
1220 Cathcart Rd,
The first church on this site was by John Honeyman 1865 in Early English style. It became the hall in 1912 when the adjacent red sandstone church by John Galt was opened as Battlefield East Parish Church. Spacious, yet warm and intimate interior with galleries supported on cast-iron columns. Fine woodwork, especially the gallery fronts and wagon roof. Light plaster walls set off many fine stained glass including windows by Abbey Studios 1937, Sadie McLellan 1972 and Susan Laidler 1980. Pipe organ of 1912 by Ingram of Edinburgh. Attractive garden.
Alternative Name(s) Battlefield Road; Cathcart Free Church
The church became Clincarthill Parish Church on the union with Mount Florida Church in 2010.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)