"EAGLESHAM, town and parish in south-east of Renfrewshire. The town stands 9 miles south of Glasgow; possessed some importance in the time of Charles II; was entirely rebuilt, on a neat regular plan, subsequent to 1796; and has a post office under Glasgow, a banking office, a cotton factory, Established, Free, United Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic churches, and a public school with about 106 scholars. Pop. 888."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Eaglesham Town to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Eaglesham Town has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS557499 (Lat/Lon: 55.72074, -4.299037), Eaglesham Town which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)