Innerkip, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Inverkip Church on Langhouse Road
Completed in 1805, reputedly designed by Thomas Telford. Close to the site of the original church which was built in 1188. The scaffolding is temporary whilst restoration work is carried out to the tower.
The two 'windows' on the left are not windows at all - they are actually painted on to the building (an effect known as "trompe l'oeil") to give balance. The power station chimney can be seen in the background, amongst the trees.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)