"LINWOOD, manufacturing town on the Black Cart, 3½ miles north-by-west of Paisley, Renfrewshire. It is modern and regularly planned, and it has a post office under Paisley, a quoad sacra parochial church, and a large public school. Pop. of town, 1393; of quoad sacra parish, 2505."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Linwood to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Linwood has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS444645 (Lat/Lon: 55.84809, -4.487432), Linwood which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)