"LOCHWINNOCH, town and parish in south-west border of Renfrewshire. The town stands near Castle-Semple Loch, 9¾ miles south-west of Paisley; carries on considerable manufacture; and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, designated of Renfrewshire, a railway station, a banking office, Established, Free, and United Presbyterian churches, and 2 public schools with about 323 scholars. Pop. 1192."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lochwinnoch Town to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lochwinnoch Town has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS345601 (Lat/Lon: 55.805905, -4.642933), Lochwinnoch Town which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)