Cromarty, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
The West Church was built by the Free Church of Scotland congregation after the Disruption of 1843. Following the union of the Free Church with the Church of Scotland in 1929, both the East and West church buildings were used for worship. Since the 1990s the West Church has been designated as the parish church.
The East Church (in Church Street) is used for occasional services.
The East Church, dating from pre-Reformation times, was the old parish church in Cromarty. In 1998 ownership was transferred to the Scottish Redundant Churches Trust. Funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Historic Scotland and The Highland Council made possible a major restoration project. Now that the restoration has been completed, the East Church is open to the public. With the approval of the Trust and the Kirk Session it is used for occasional services during the summer months and for special events.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)