Tarbat, Old Parish Church, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Tarbat Old Church, Portmahomack
After lying empty for several years Tarbat Old Church was restored to serve as the Tarbat Discovery Centre, housing a museum of local heritage. The Discovery Centre includes exhibits of finds from archaeological excavations within the church and the surrounding fields, with a large display of Pictish sculpture.
This site has been of religious importance since at least AD600. Tarbat Old Parish Church closed just after WW2.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)