Hide

Newton

hide
Hide

Hide

"NEWTON, a village on the south-east verge of the parish of Melrose, Roxburghshire. It stands near the east base of the Eildon hills, about ¾ of a mile from the right bank of the Tweed, on the road from Galashiels to Jedburgh ... The village is also called Newton-Dryburgh and Newton-St-Boswells." From the Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by John Marius Wilson, 1868.

Hide
topup

Description and Travel

The Newtown St Boswells Village website includes photographs and a history of the village.