"Situation and Extent. - Airth lies in the county and presbytery of Stirling, and the synod Perth and Stirling. The extent of the parish, upon the side of the river, is about 6 miles, its medium length 5, and its breadth fully 2 miles. The figure is irregular, and approaches nearest to the parallelogram. The whole parish is a plain, the hills of Airth and Dunmore excepted. This last hill is termed, by some writers Airth-beg or Little Airth."
Parish Of Airth (County of Stirling) by Rev. Mr Robert Ure (Statistical Account of Scotland 1791-1799)
|St Andrew, Dunmore, Airth, Scottish Episcopal|
|Airth Old Parish Church, Airth, Church of Scotland|
|Airth Parish Church, Airth, Church of Scotland|
|Airth United Presbyterian Church, Airth, United Presbyterian Church|
|Airth Free Church, Airth, Free Church of Scotland|
The transcription of the section for Airth from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868).
See also Edinburgh University's "Gazetteer for Scotland"
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Airth to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Airth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS892879 (Lat/Lon: 56.07133, -3.780969), Airth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)