Clyne, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
The lovely little church is situated at the northern part of Brora in Sutherland.
The village of Brora is situated on the east coast of Sutherland and lies on the A9 trunk road midway between Inverness in the south and Wick and Thurso in the north. Clyne Church is on the left hand side of the road travelling toward Wick and Thurso and is at the north end of the village.
The present Parish Church on Victoria Road opened in 1907. At this time the village of Brora was growing and the existing church at Clynekirkton was some distance away.
Church services are held every Sunday at 10.30am in Clyne Church and at 12.00 noon in Helmsdale. The congregation comprises of 60 communicant members with a further 43 adherents.
The church building has been built in grey sandstone with wooden beams and the seating is fixed pew which can accommodate up to 180 people. Music is provided by a 2 manual and pedal pipe organ constructed by Miller of Aberdeen and which was installed in the early 1920s. The organ is also a dedicated war memorial.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)