Creich, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Alexander Maitland and Sons of Tain 1911-13.
Rectangular plan Gothic church with nave aisles and transepts and tower. Squared granite rubble with tooled dressings incontrasting stone; slate roof. Tower at SW with entrance in pointed arched opening; set-off angle buttresses; paired louvred belfrey lights, corbelled crenellatedparapet and stumpy lucarned spire. 3 paired lancets to aisles, taller versions in transepts. Large 4 light cusp and mouchette traceried window in W gable. Low sessionroom to E.
Interior: Cast-iron aisle arcades; collar beam roof with decorated brackets original fittings, including pulpit. Stained glass in 4-light window and 12-light by PercyBacon before 1930. Window in N aisle by Roland Milton of Glasgow.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)