St Finnbarr, Dornoch, Scottish Episcopal
It was founded in 1912.
The figure traditionally associated with bringing Christianity to the Dornoch area is Saint Finbarr of Caithness and Ulster. Finbarr may have arrived in Dornoch c.540 AD and established a muintirr or settlement there. Possible evidence of this settlement was found on Schoolhill at the beginning of the 20th century and in what may have been the ruins of his church at the east end of the Cathedral graveyard.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)