Loth, Church of Scotland
Church of Scotland,
Modelled on Kintore Church by Archibald Simpson, Aberdeen. Gothic; rectangular; coursed stugged ashlar, tooled ashlar dressings and rusticated quoins. Wide advanced centre bay at west gable, with hoodmoulded centre entrance and dated plaque above; centre hoodmoulded gallery window with simple Perpendicular tracery; diagonal buttresses terminating with crocketted pinnacles with stiff leaf finials; similarly detailed apex bell-cote.
Church no long in ecclesiastical use. Former church site and old Burial Ground just below present church; modern burial ground to east.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)