St Peter, Linlithgow, Scottish Episcopal
It was founded in 1928.
St Peter's Episcopal Church, Linlithgow
Although originally intended as the building for St. Peter's Mission, when work on Linlithgow's Scottish Episcopal Church was started on May 18th, 1927, it was as St Mildred's. The Foundation Stone was laid by Colonel Maclaren of the Craigs and the contractors went to work: W. Hardie, builders; D. McPherson, plasterers; G. Downie of Bo'ness, joiner and glazier; A. Hamilton, electrician; Turner and Rowley of Falkirk, plumbers. One year later, the building was complete.
In 1978, on the fiftieth anniversary of its inauguration (as St. Mildred's), the church was officially renamed as the church of St. Peter the Apostle, Linlithgow.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)