"Livingstone, par. and vil. with ry. sta., Linlithgowshire - par., 5362 ac., pop. 1434; vil., on river Almond, 1½ mile SE. of its ry. sta., which is 3 miles E. of Bathgate; P.O.; has oilworks; to the E. of the vil. stood an old peel-tower which was garrisoned by Edward I.; the district gave the title of baron to the Livingstones, Earls of Linlithgow."
From John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- The transcription of the section for Livingston from the National Gazetteer (1868).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Livingstone to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Livingstone has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NT014667 (Lat/Lon: 55.883367, -3.577541), Livingstone which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)