Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Bodedern Parish; Statistics; Area 4235 acres; Population 576 males, 577 females, total 1153
- Bodedern Parish Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - morning 72, afternoon 42 2 services in Welsh J B Goodman Jones, Perpetual Curate
- Gilgal, Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1807, 1836 Attendance - morning 182, afternoon 220 + 250 scholars, evening 320 Ebenezer Evans, Minister
- Saron, Independent Preaching in house before 1800, erected 1829 Attendance - morning 30, afternoon 66, evening 27 Owen Davies, Elder, Saddler
- Tabernacle, Babtist Preaching in a house before 1819, erected 1829 Attendance - morning 40, afternoon 60 scholars, evening 60 William Williams, Preacher, Tailor
- Zoar, Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1822 Attendance - morning (preaching) 46, afternoon (school) 43, evenign (preaching) 56 Will'm Hughes, Minister
- Caergeiliog, Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1785, rebuilt 1819 Attendance - morning 69 scholars, afternoon 132, evening 126 "Caergeiliog Chapel is within 240 yds to the parish of Llanfairneubwll. The congregation that meet here to worship being from Llanfair-ll, Llanfihengel Nowyn Parish as well as part of Bodedern" Owen Edwards, Deacon, Sybylldir