Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Llanfair-Mathafarn-Eithaf Parochial Chapelry ; Statistics; Area 1949 acres; Population 394 males, 397 females, total 791
- Llanfairmathafarneithaf Parish Church (Diocese of Bangor) Attendance - (average) morning 90, afternoon 150 "I give the general estimated average rather than be a party to have the congregation counted on the Sabbath" W Williams, Rector
- Tabernacl, Welsh Calvinistic Methodists Erected 1834 Attendance - morning 134, afternoon 230 scholars, evening 421 Hugh Thomas, Deacon, Plas Thelwal, nr Pentraeth
- Llanfair Chapel, Baptist Erected 1803 Attendance - morning 60 scholars, afternoon 110, evening 50 William Jones, Deacon
- Soar, Independents Erected 1814 Attendance - morning 67 scholars, afternoon 100, evening 80 William Jones, Deacon
- Cefniwrch, Calvinistic Methodists Erected c 1820 Attendance - morning 75, afternoon 38 scholars, evening 80 Richard Williams, Glanrafon, Llanbedrgoch