Llanddeti / Llanthetty
"LLANTHETTY, a parish in the hundred of Pinkelly, county Brecon, 7 miles S.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on the Roman Via Julia Montana and the river Usk. The Brecon canal passes through the parish, which includes the townships of Dyffrin and Taf-Vechan. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £344. The parish church is dedicated to St. Detta. ..." [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Henderson, J.History of Llanddetty Church : with some notes on houses of historical interest in the parish. [Brecon] : Printed by "Brecon and Radnor Express and County Times", 1965. 16p
|Glyn Collwn Chapel Of Ease (Disused), Glyn-Collwn|
|St Tetti (St Tetta / St Detyor), Llanddetty|
|Taf-Fechan Chapel Of Ease, Taf Fechan|
|Benaiah Chapel, Talybont-on-Usk|
Church of St Tetti, Llanddetty on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
- Baptisms 1740-1741, 1813-1975; Marriages 1813-1971; Burials 1740-1741, 1813-1974; Banns 1824-1970 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.
The transcription of the section for Llanddeti from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanddeti / Llanthetty to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanddeti / Llanthetty has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Morgan Family of Wenallt Manor, Llandetty. By James M Burton
Map of the parish of Llanthetty in the County of Brecon - on the People's Collection Wales site
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO088172 (Lat/Lon: 51.846189, -3.325209), Llanddeti / Llanthetty which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Places, villages, farms etc., in Llanddeti parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R. J. P., Oliver, R. R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
- Duffryn / Vo [74A / 74B] - Abercriban, Blaen-Callan, Bryn Melyn, Coed-hir, Cwm-Car, Dam, Dol-y-Gaer Station, Glasgwm-isaf, Graig-las, Hall, Llandetty, Llwyn-yr-eos, Maes-mawr, Neuadd, Pant-y-wenallt, Pant-y-wenallt-isaf, Pen Rhiw-calch, Pen-twyn Reservoir, Pont Sticill, Pontsticill Junction Station, Rhyd-yr-onen, Roman Road, Taf Fechan Reservoir, Talybont, Talybont Reservoir, Taren Tormwnt, Troed-y-rhiw, Tump Cottage, Ty'n-y-coed, Wenallt, Y Gaer