"LLANVILLO, (or Llanfilo), a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 3 miles W. of Talgarth, and 5 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Wye. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Llandefailog-Tre'r-Graig, £324. The church is dedicated to St. Millburg. The charities are about £1 per annum. In the neighbourhood are traces of the Alltfillo British camp." [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Victorian Powys for schools site - Llanfilo parish census figures for 1841-1901
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
- Baptisms 1680-1739, 1786-1990; Marriages 1680-1739, 1755-1971; Burials 1680-1739, 1782-1967 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.
Various landscapes - on the People's Collection Wales site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanfilo to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Llanfilo has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO112324 (Lat/Lon: 51.983318, -3.294225), Llanfilo which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Places, villages, farms etc., in Llanfilo parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file] (Kain, R. J. P., Oliver, R. R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
- Llanfilo  - Camp (×2), Court-y-plyfyn, Cwrt-tre-domen, Drostre Bank, Hillis, Llanfillo, Moat, Pen-goyfford, Pen-isa'r-pentre, Pen-y-maes, School, Trefeitha, Tre-domen, Tyle-crwn, Ty-canol.