Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP, 1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.
Dwygyfylchi Parish; Statistics; Area 5794 acres; Population 467 males, 459 females, total 926
- The return in respect of the parish church is missing
- A separate enquiry form from the Superintendant Registrar dated Sept 1852 refers to a congregation of 80 and scholars 40
- Wesleyan Methodist, Penmaenmawr Erected 1841 Attendance - morning 60, afternoon 50, evening 64 John Evans, Elder
- Pen y cae Chappel, Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Erected 1818, rebuilt 1840 Attendance - morning school, afternoon 115 + 60 scholars, evening 73 William Jones, Elder, Brynymor
- Horeb Nonconformist (ie Independent) Erected 1813 Attendance - morning 171 scholars, afternoon 200, evening 220 E Stephen, Minister