Carmel Welsh Independent Chapel, Llanllechid
Carmel Welsh Independent Chapel,
Cefn Carmel, Rachub,
Prior to the building of Carmel, services and occasional prayer meetings were held in members houses along with a Sunday School. In 1839 the land for the Chapel was purchased by Samuel and William Roberts (Coedyparc). Carmel and a chapel house were built on the land at a cost of £340, however no debt was repaid for the first 15 years. Rebuilt in 1860 for £841, 10s and along with the remaining debt a total of £977 was owed. The chapel had a capacity of 480.
For attendance numbers see Llanllechid Chapels.
The entry for this church on the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) website (Coflein).
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)