Llanllechid Chapel (Peniel), Llanllechid
Purchased from the Wesleyans in 1834 for £502. 38 members of Capel Carneddi transferred to the chapel. Rebuilt in 1838 – ‘yn llawer helaethach ... yn digon i gynnwys dros 500 o bersonau' [far larger and sufficient for over 500 people]. By 1853 there were 390 members and £340 of the original debt remained. (The exact amount of debt varies in different sources). The total cost of the new chapel was £858/3/1 giving a total outstanding debt of £1198/3/1. In 1862 a new Chapel House, Coach House, Stable and Sunday School room were built at a cost o £350. Rebuilt again in 1876 at a cost of £3500 with pews for 700 people, later opened in 1877.The debt of £3500 took 10 years to pa. The new building measured approximately 20 x 18 yards. Vestry now developed into house. Members held services in vestry before joining Capel Jerusalem.
Llanllechid Chapel (Peniel),
- The entry for this church on the National Monuments Record of Wales (NMRW) website (Coflein).
It was located at SH6238068640 (Lat/Lon 53.196978, -4.061561). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- OpenStreetMap Cymru (Welsh counties only)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)