The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BANGOR TEIFI, a parish in the hundred of Troedyrawr, in the county of Cardigan, South Wales, 5 miles to the E. of Newcastle-Emlyn, its post town. It is situated in a fertile and beautiful country, on the banks of the river Teify. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, of the value of £163, in the gift of the bishop. The church is a small building, standing above the river, and is dedicated to St. David. The principal seat is Blaen Dyffryn. Not far from the church is Castell Pistog, a moated mount, conjectured to be the site of the family house of the Pistogs, to whom the manor once belonged."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018