Cardiganshire Families Project
This families database relates to the parish of Bangor Teifi and is part of the Cardiganshire Families Project - see that site for a full description.
Entries are in alphabetical order of the husband's surname
For ease of reference the key to the text fields used is;
- *1; SURNAME given name (where born and life span)
- *2; Wife's SURNAME given name (ditto)
- *3; Main occupation
- *4; Places either one were at on various dates e.g census, burial etc - separated with a / (When)
- *5; Names of children with birth years - separated with a / (where born)
- *6; Parish and county that your nearest, by relationship, ancestor was in 1901 - (Name with maiden/married name if appropriate.)
- *7; Contributor's name (name of the child in the entry (Field 5) who was their direct ancestor)
The data is now in two formats, the original text based format below
and a table format used to create a
combined county based table
*1; JONES David (CGN 1771-1858); *2; ? Prisila (CGN 1777-1845); *3; farmer ; *4; Capel Dewi, Llandysul (1841) / Rhydygeyron, Llandysul (1851) / Rhydceiron, Llandysul (1858); *5; Margaret 1805 (Troerhiwyrhwch, Bangor Teifi) / David 1811 (Troerhiwyrhwch, Bangor Teifi) / Rees 1813 (Fron, Bangor Teifi) / Hannah 1816 (Bangor Teifi); *6; Llangiwg GLA 1901 (Sarah Jones/Davies); *7; Gareth Hicks (Rees).
*1; JONES Rees (Fron, Bangor Teifi 1813-1889); *2; REES Esther (Llaine, Llandysul 1820-1896); *3; farmer; *4; Llanfihangel-ar-Arth, CMN (1841) / Tanyfron Ty Isaf, Llanwenog, CGN (1851) / Blaenwaun Isaf, Llanwenog (1861) / Ffynonrhydderch, Llanwenog (1871/81) / Llwynyreos, Llanwenog (1896); *5; Sarah 1841 (Rhiwfelen, Llandysul) / Margaret 1843 (Llanfihangel) / David 1845 (Llanfihangel) / Rees 1849 (Llanfihangel) / Hannah 1852 (Llanwenog) / Esther 1859 (Blaenwayn, Llanwenog); *6; Llangiwg GLA 1901(Sarah Jones/Davies ); *7; Gareth Hicks (Rees).