The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BETTWS-BLEDRWS, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Moyddyn, in the county of Cardigan, South Wales, 3 miles to the N. of Lampeter. The river Teifi runs near it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, of the value of £143, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, a neat building with a tower and spire, is dedicated to St. Bleddrws. The Baptists and Calvinistic Methodists have chapels in the village. Dery Ormond, the seat of J. Jones, Esq., is a fine mansion, standing at the foot of a wooded hill, in the midst of beautiful grounds. Not far from it is the old entrenchment called Castel Goedtref."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018