The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BLAEN-PORTH, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Troedyrawr, in the county of Cardigan, South Wales, 5 miles to the E. of Cardigan. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £97, in the patronage of the Earl of Lisburne and J. V. Lloyd, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. David. The parish has the remains of three ancient camps, one of which, called Castel Gwythan, is attributed to Gilbert, Earl of Clare. The others are called Caer Sonydd and Tudor's Castle. There is a mineral spring at Tyllwyd."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018