1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Dihewyd contained the following places:
"DIHEWYD, a parish in the hundreds of Moyddyn and Troedyraur, in the county of Cardigan, 3½ miles S.W. of Aberaeron. It is situated on a branch of the river Aeron, under the camp of Moel-Dihewyd. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £83, in the patronage of the Earl of Lisburne and Major Lewis. The church is dedicated to St. Vitalis. A fair is held on the 9th May."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018