The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANBADARN-ODWYN, a parish in the hundred of Penarth, county Cardigan, 3 miles W. of Tregaron, its post town, and 8 N.E. of Lampeter. It is situated on the small river Ayron, or Aeron, which falls into Cardigan Bay at Aber-Ayron, about 7 miles lower down, and is intersected by several streams falling into the Teifi, which bounds it on the W. All these streams abound with salmon, salmon-trout, sewin, &c., and in the lake is a red-bellied trout called ingoch. The village, which is small, stands on a high and bleak eminence commanding a prospect of the fertile vale of Ayron. Its suffix Odwynne (very white), seems to be, descriptively applied, as it may be seen for many miles round. Tho living is a curacy annexed to the perpetual curacy of Llandewi-Brefi, in the diocese of St. David's. The church, which stands on a hill, is dedicated to St. Padarn. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018