The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANDDEINIOL, a parish in the hundred of Lower Ilar, county Cardigan, 6 miles S.W. of Aberystwith, its post town, and 12 from Tregaron. Its ancient name appears to be Carog. It is situated near Cardigan Bay on the western coast. It is a small agricultural village. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £66. The church is dedicated to St. David. It contains an ancient octagonal font."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018