In 1868, the parish of Llandygwidd contained the following places:
"LLANDYGWIDD, a parish in the hundred of Troedyraur, county Cardigan, 4 miles S.E. of Cardigan, and 5 N. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn, its post town. It is situated on the river Teifi, within a short distance of what is called the Salmon Leap. The bishop of the diocese formerly had a palace here, now belonging to the Griffith family. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £130, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Dygwydd. Blaenpant, Noyadd Trevawr, Llwnduris, Manarifed, and Stradmore Vale, are the principal seats."