"BLAEN-CLOWON-VACH, a township forming the upper division of the parish of LLANDYSILIO-GOGO, lower division of the hundred of MOYTHEN, county of CARDIGAN,SOUTH WALES, 12 miles [W.by N.] from Lampeter. The population is returned with the parish. It is situated near the source of the river Clettwr. There are some agreeable residenxes scattered over the township, which is in general rather undulating than mountainous."
"KÎLIEUCHA (CÎLIAU UCHÂV), a township, consisting of the lower division of the parish of LLANDYSILIO-GOGO in the lower division of the hundred of MOYTHEN, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 16 1/2miles (W.N.W.) from Lampeter. The population is returned with the parish. The parochial church is situated in this township, which lies on the shore of Cardigan bay. There are several respectable residences scattered over the neighbourhood; and here is an ancient mansion, called Cwm Cynin, the property of the family of Parry, now converted into a farm-house. On an eminence in this district the Earl of Richmond, afterwards Henry VII., after being joined by Rhys ab Thomas, is stated to have encamped with his army previously to proceeding against Richard III., where he was hospitably entertained by Davydd ab Evan, of Llwyn Davydd, to whom he presented a golden goblet, which is now said to be in the possession of the Vaughans of Golden Grove. Capel Cynin, a chapel dedicated to St.Cynin, is situated in this township: having been suffered to fall into decay, it was rebuilt in 1820 by the parishioners. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St.David's, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £2000 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Major Parry, the proprietor of the Cwm Cynin estate. The Cynin and another stream here fall into the bay of Cardigan, the shore of which is bold and precipitous, with eleven fathoms at low water a short distance from the coast. Garn Wen, or " the white heap," is a circular formation of loose stones, about sixty-eight yards in diameter, divided into three compartments, with a low stone rampart surrounding it; within a short distance to the south-west is an appendage, composed of three acres of ground, formerly encompassed with a mound of earth : the whole is situated above the farm of Cilieu near the coast. On the hill of Llwyn Davydd are vestiges of what is supposed to have been a castle, comprising two circumvallations, two hundred feet in diameter, with high mounds and deep ditches, and containing in the centre what has the appearance of a tumulus : it is conjectured to be the site of Castell Meib Wynion, or " the castle of the sons of Wynion," captured in 1164, by Rhys ab Grufydd, and by others supposed to be the castellated mansion of the Tewdwrs. The mouth of the river at Cwm Tewdwr forms a small haven, from which a few craft are engaged in the culm and limestone trade, the latter being occasionally burnt also for manure."