In 1868, the parish of Llangeitho contained the following places:
"LLANGEITHO, a parish in the hundred of Penarth, county Cardigan, 4 miles W. of Tregaron, and 8 N.E. of Lampeter, its post town. It is situated at the foot of some hills, and is watered by the river Ayron. The township of Bonteyen is in this parish The village is a small rustic place. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £106, in the patronage of the bishop. The present church is a modern structure, built on the site of a former one about 1821, and dedicated to St. Ceitho. It contains a monument to the Rev. Rowland, once rector of this parish, and founder of the sect of "Rowlandites." The parochial endowments, including that left by Griffiths for the aid of teachers, produce about £50 per annum. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel."
"BONTEYEN, a village in the parish of Llangeitho, hundred of Penarth, in the county of Cardigan, South Wales, 8 miles to the N. of Lampeter."