The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLANGOEDMORE, (or Llangoedmawr), a parish in the hundred of Troedyraur, county Cardigan, 1 mile E. of Cardigan, its post town, and 8 miles N.W. of Newcastle-in-Emlyn. It is situated in a woody locality on the E. bank of the river Teifi. It was formerly a possession of the Langley, Lewis, and other families, but now belongs to the Lloyds. Here are slate quarries. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £329. The church is a modern structure erected on the sit-, of the old one, and dedicated to St. Cynllo. Not far from the church is a cave and a holy well. In the neighbourhood are some Druidical remains. Llangoedmore Place and Trevorgan are the principal residences.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018