The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LLAN-GRWYDDON, (or Llanygwyryfon), a parish in the hundred of Lower Ilar, county Cardigan, 7 miles S.E. of Aberystwith, its post town. It is situated at the foot of the hill called Mynydd Bach, and is watered by the river Wyrai. Turbary is found here. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £176. The church, dedicated to St. Ursula, has an ancient pillar cross.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018