1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
In 1868, the parish of Llanllwchaiarn contained the following places:
"LLANLLWCHAIARN, a parish in the hundred of Moyddyn, county Cardigan, 5 miles S.W. of Aberystwith, and 15 N.E. of Cardigan. It is situated at New Quay Bay, where there is a small port. The people are mostly engaged in the fishery. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £256, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Llanllwchaiarn."
"NEWQUAY, a village in the parish of Llanllwchaiarn, county Cardigan, 5 miles S.W. of Aberaeron. It is situated under New Head, and is a coastguard station. It has a good harbour, which is a sub-port to Cardigan. The resident inhabitants are chiefly fishermen, but it is frequented in summer as a watering-place."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018