In 1868, the parish of Llansaintffraid contained the following places:
"LLANSAINTFFRAID, (or Llansantffread), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Ilar, county Cardigan, 4 miles N.E. of Aber-Ayron, its post town, and 11 N.W. of Tregaron. It is situated on the coast of Cardigan Bay, and includes the hamlet of Llannon. This is a subport of Aberystwith. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £91, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Bridget, is a humble edifice, somewhat eclipsed by the ostentatious tomb to Colonel Gwynne Holford. There are trifling remains of what is supposed to have been a monastic establishment. The Calvinistic Methodists have a chapel.
"LLANNON, a hamlet in the parish of Llansaintffraid, county Cardigan, 6 miles N.E. of Aber-Ayron. It is situated near the coast."